Dream Team is back for the 2017 Australian Scrabble Championship. The concept is simple – pick 3 players from each division who you think will perform well and compare your team to others.
Dream Team Rules
1. You must select 6 players in your team – 3 from the championship and 3 from the plate
2. You may not pick more than 1 player from the same state/territory. You may also pick an overseas player for your team but no more than 1.
3. The total rating of your 6 players is to be no higher than 8000 (an average of 1333 per player)
4. Entries must be received by 9:00pm Australian Western Time on Friday 14th April (11pm Eastern time). Entries to be sent to John Hamilton via email email@example.com, by text 0400 650 349 or by direct message on Facebook
5. You may change your team entry as many times as you want before the deadline. After this, no changes to teams will be permitted. If multiple entries for each person are received, the most recent entry will be the one used to calculate the competition
6. If a player you selected withdraws from the competition prior to entering, you will have until lunch on day 1 of the competition to choose a replacement. Otherwise, the next highest rated player eligible for your team will be automatically substituted. If a player you select withdraws from the competition partway through, you will not be given any replacement. Similarly, if a player you select change divisions prior to competition starting, you’ll have until lunch on day 1 to change your team or an automatic selection will be made for you.
7. There is no entry fee however small cash prizes will be given out